The Indian Institute of Technology Madras has called for applications for its Executive MBA (EMBA) Degree Programme, which is designed specifically for mid-career working professionals.
This two-year programme is a rigorous yet practice-oriented curriculum offered by IIT Madras’s Department of Management Studies, which is ranked in the top 10 business schools in the NIRF 2022 Ranking.
The USP of the EMBA programme is that it offers state-of-the-art knowledge in sync with industry requirements in domains such as digital economy, global strategy, and Industry 4.0 technologies.
The programme offers exposure to social media and internet marketing, which is vital to any contemporary business, the economics of platforms, and global business management.
Other important subjects include cyber security and applications, and business models and innovation. The students would also get exposure to technical aspects such as modern manufacturing processes and 3D printing, among others.
LAST DATE TO APPLY
Applications are open from September 5, 2022. The last date to apply is October 10, 2022. Interested candidates can apply online at https://doms.iitm.ac.in/emba/.
Speaking about the EMBA programme, Professor M Thenmozhi, Head, Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras, said,
“The EMBA programme of the department has been steadily receiving overwhelming support from the industry. The students are diverse, with an average experience of 11 years and come from different domains in the industry. The program leverages the Department’s strong faculty resources, cutting-edge research, and experiential learning.”
The major aspects of the course include equipping mid-career working professionals with the following:
- Deep functional and broad industrial domain knowledge
- Integrative perspective of boundary-spanning business decisions, and
- Leadership traits to contribute to a global business setup.
The program is designed for blended weekend learning (physical and virtual). The classes, which will be held over alternate weekends, will begin in January 2023.
The eligibility for admissions includes Bachelor’s degree with first class marks in any discipline, and a minimum of three years of industry experience. The selection would be through an Entrance Examination and Personal Interview conducted by the Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras.
The structure of the EMBA programme is:
- A Functional Foundation – that provides theoretical, conceptual, and insightful understanding of major functions and department roles in businesses
- Integrated Perspective which helps develop strategic perspectives on cross-functional challenges and inter-department synergies
- Global Leadership which explores growth, profitability, and sustainability avenues in local and global business contexts
- Three Capstone projects are designed for developing deeper insight into the application of advanced management concepts.